Wednesday, April 23, 2008

5-star old-age home coming up in Gujarat

Leading industrialists of Gujarat have joined hands to construct a state-of-the-art old-age home near Ahmedabad. Pankaj Patel, chairman, Zydus Healthcare, Sudhir Mehta of the Torrent group and Gautam Adani, chairman, Adani group, among others, have got together for the project, which will come up on the outskirts of the city.

Patel has already donated 38,000 square yards of land near Sanskardham in Ghuma, about two kilometers from Ahmedabad. “It will be a world-class project,” said Girish Dani, a Ficci member, who is closely involved with the venture.

“The 200-room old-age home will have four-bed as well as two-bed rooms. It will have all the facilities including a medical centre, a multi-functional hall, activity room and a temple,” said Apurva Amin, the architect designing the project.

According to Dani, there’s an urgent requirement for such a project in Gujarat since more and more people are emigrating leaving the older members of the family back home. “Often, the older generation finds it difficult to adjust to the lifestyle in a foreign country,” he said, adding that at other times, visas and relevant permissions are hard to come by.

The affluent NRIs who have left their parents back home will be the target customers for the old-age home. The rich NRIs can afford the five-star luxuries for their parents who are happy to live in India but could do with better infrastructure, said Dani.

The old-age home venture is yet to be named though spiritual leader Moraribapu, who’s discourses attract no less than 500,000-700,000 people at a time, will lay the foundation stone of the project within a fortnight. While Dani did not divulge the exact project cost, he said a large number of donors have approached them for donations.

Source: http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?leftnm=lmnu4&subLeft=2&autono=320803&tab=r

12 comments:

B M MEHTA said...

I will be thankful for all details about this project and the contact person.

Regards.

-B M MEHTA
bmmehta_41@yahoo.com

sefalibrahmbhatt said...

I M B.ACHITECTURE STUDENT IN 5TH YEAR. I HAVE TAKE A DESIGN OF OLD AGE HOME FOR MY THESIS TOPIC . THATS WHY I NEED TO STUDY OF OLD AGE HOME PLEASE GIVE ME A SOME INFORMATION ABOUT OLD AGE HOME AND PLEASE GIVE ME THAT ARCHITECT NAME SO, I HAVE REFER TO OLD AGE HOME AS A CASE STUDY AND HELPFUL OF MY PROJECT .
MY EMAIL: sefalibrahmbhatt24@gmail.com


THANKS
SEFALI H. BRAHMBHATT

Princy Gupta said...

Respected sir,

I am a 5th yr B. Arch student Princy Gupta. I have chosen my thesis topic to be Old age home, so can please guide me to where this donated site actually is? it will be a great help.

Thanking you

Princy Gupta said...

My email account:
princy.g16@gmail.com

Extremly sorry i forgot to mention in previous comment

ashish lodha said...

I am Ashish Lodha ,fifth year B.Arch student, hav chosen Old Age Home for my thesis topic , so please can u send me details about the proposed site and information about old age homes. My email id is ashishlodha1991@gamil.com

roopal said...

I need more details on the same. Things like
-is the project ongoing or complete
-amenities
-cost
-infra
-facilities

i am looking for accommodation for my parent.
Contact me on tyagiroopal@gmail.com

Sujata said...

Hi ,
I would like to work full time for old age home. I can take yoga sessions for elderly people. I can also read religious books, bhajans, scripts for them and last but not the least I can cook satvik vegetarian food for them.
My name is Sujata . I am from Mumbai.

Sujata said...

Hi,
I would like to work full time for this old age home. I can take yoga sessions for elderly people. I can also read religious book,bhajans, scripts for them and last but not the least I can take good care of elders.
My email I'd - sagupte0364@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I am interested in setting up OLD age home for the parents of NRI s.

If some one has project details please contact me.
nsanghavi2005@yahoo.com

Nitin Sanghavi

Anonymous said...

Some people should think of providing old age home like facility in their home only.

Anonymous said...

i have done up premises for oldag e homenear vapi gujarat any one interested in running pl call 00919820020761 or email u2thestudio@gmail.com

Subramaniam Mani said...

DEAR MADAM NICE TO LEARN ABOUT YOUR PROJECT
CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ALL DETAILS TO ENROLL MY MAIL ID IS sharpenn94@yahoo.co.uk
M.SUBRAMANIAM

Welcome to Silver Innings Blog , God Bless You

Powered by IP2Location.com Do visit Silver Innings http://www.silverinnings.com/

Blogsite Disclaimer

The content of this Blog, including text, graphics, images, information are intended for General Informational purposes only. Silver Innings Blog is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date.The links provided on this Blog do not imply any official endorsement of, or responsibility for, the opinions, data, or products available at these locations. It is also the user’s responsibility to take precautionary steps to ensure that information accessed at or downloaded from this or linked sites is free of viruses, worms, or other potentially destructive software programs.All links from this Blog are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.We do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense resulting from the use of this information.Opinions expressed by contributors through discussion on the various issues are not necessarily those of Silver Innings Blog.