Silver Innings Legal Advice Clinic
Advice, Awareness, Advocacy, Empowerment (AAAE)
We at Silver Inning Foundation are Happy To Announce ‘Silver Innings Legal Advice Clinic’ on every 4th Saturday of the Month from 3pm to 4pm, starting from Saturday 28th Nov 2015. This is an perfect Diwali Gift to All #Mumbaikar #Seniorcitizens and their family members, Open to all age group.
Silver Innings since 2008 is working towards creating Elder Friendly World where Ageing becomes a Positive and Rewarding Experience.
Understanding that right legal advice is always sought after and legal advice is expensive and people get trapped with unlikely circumstances and that many cases can be solved before reaching the courts, we at Silver Inning Foundation in our continuous effort to empower and help our Elders and their family members have tied with leading Legal and Human Right Activist Advocate Aileen Marques to provide once a month ‘Legal Advice Clinic’. This clinic would not only provide Right Legal Advice but also provide Legal Literacy program viz. Awareness, Advocacy, Empowerment (AAAE) for the overall benefit of the community.
Charges: For APL subsidize charges will be Rs.100/- and for BPL it will be Rs.50/- per advice.
Our Legal Advisor Advocate Aileen Marques & Associate and Counselor Mrs. Vaishali Sant will be available every 4th Saturday of the Month from 3pm to 4pm at our office: Silver Inning Foundation, Bldg.No. J -47/48, Shop no. 10, Poonam Sagar Complex CHS LTD, Opp.Navagraha Bldg, Road Behind Allahabad Bank, Mira Road – East. India. Pin: 401107.
As part of the clinic, the following service would be provided:
• Legal Advice,
• Pre-Litigation Settlement,
• Negotiation & Mediation
• Legal counseling,
• Legal advice to clients referred through the students.
• Identifying appropriate laws, and the legal options that may be explored
• Legal awareness
Legal Literacy program would have 3 aspects:
1. Awareness First: Legal Education is what we uphold and encourage. We believe that legal awareness is the need of the hour. As citizens and as human persons, we must be aware of our human rights-our basic and fundamental rights. Only if we are aware of our rights, can we assert them and empower ourselves. Rights and Duties are basic to our existence and only when we know what we must do, we can fulfill out duties and exercise our rights.
2. Empowering Trainers: Grass-root workers encounter many challenges during their work and very often social-work needs legal technicalities. The organisations they belong to cannot afford high-end training. Through para-legal sessions, we enable such social engineers learn some basics of law.
3. Advocacy Force: We are working towards busting the myths that Law and Rights are a luxury of a few and that legal recourse is an exhaustive and expensive affair. Working with the system is as important as legal education. We find it appalling that educated persons holding high posts, don’t bother to know their rights until arrested, women rarely take note of the legal provisions until forced by cruelty or abuse. Very few non-lawyers will actually visit Courts until one day they are dragged to court for some litigation.
Topics for Legal awareness training:
a. Rights of Senior citizens and accessibility to law
b. Gender and Law
c. Child Sexual Abuse
d. Domestic Violence
e. Sexual Harassment at Workplace
f. Sexual Harassment on streets and in Public
g. Inheritance related laws, Will, Gift deed etc.
h. Tobacco related law
i. Legal procedures and basic legal information
j. Marriage and Divorce Laws
k. Women empowerment and Human Rights
l. FIR, NC and Role of the Police
m. Maintenance related laws
n. Juvenile Justice Act, child abuse and adoption
o. Child Safety and Protection
For Query and Appointment Contact us:
Mobile: 8879884807 / 9987104233 (Mon to Fri 11am to 5pm)