Through my work on our wellness and life enrichment listserv, I hear a lot of conversations, ideas, questions and feedback about this important topic. To that end, I composed a list of resolutions for improving our work in promoting wellness and life enrichment in aging services. I encourage you to share your own wellness resolutions for 2011. Happy New Year!
We resolve to:
* Always treat older adults as assets within our organizations and communities.
* Support the development of experiences that enrich the lives of older adults.
* Ask big, wide open questions to discover and understand the needs of the elders within our organizations and communities.
* Embrace a definition of wellness that moves far beyond physical fitness to include emotional, intellectual, vocational, social, spiritual and environmental health.
* Be creative and bold as we consider ways to expand the world of possibilities for aging.
* Partner with unexpected community organizations to enhance the lives of both residents/participants and community members.
* Include all levels of care and ability when developing wellness and life enrichment programming.
* Include staff and families as integral elements of wellness and life enrichment programming.
* Take risks.
* Be gentle with ourselves as we do difficult and rewarding work on behalf of older adults and their families.
By Kirsten Jacobs
Source: Wellness Resolutions for 2011
Welcome to Silver Innings Blog, Good Day
Powered by IP2Location.com
The content of this Blog, including text, graphics, images, information are intended for General Informational purposes only. Silver Innings Blog is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date.The links provided on this Blog do not imply any official endorsement of, or responsibility for, the opinions, data, or products available at these locations. It is also the user’s responsibility to take precautionary steps to ensure that information accessed at or downloaded from this or linked sites is free of viruses, worms, or other potentially destructive software programs.All links from this Blog are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.We do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense resulting from the use of this information.Opinions expressed by contributors through discussion on the various issues are not necessarily those of Silver Innings Blog.