Your Safety at Home
1) Always ensure that your doors are locked from inside.
2) Always switch on the night bulb during night time.
3) Keep your valuables in the lockers of the bank and take them out only when you require them.
4) Install burglars alarm system, security gadgets, surveillance, cameras etc.
5) Never hand over huge cash, gold etc. to your servants/strangers for transportation.
6) Inform the police about movement of strangers in your locality.
7) Keep a close watch and inform the police about suspicious sales man, plumber etc.
8) Display all police related numbers including 100 and Helpline in your house near your telephone.
9) Install caller ID system to your telephone.
10) Never leave your spare key concealed anywhere near the front door-Burglars know all the hiding places like in flower pot , above door etc
11) Change or check your locks every year.
12) Always pull down the doors and window curtains, especially during evening hours since it reduces the temptations of the thieves to target your house
13) Have peep-in installed in the front door of your house from inside, so that you can see.
14) Install latch or safety door from inside the house
15) Open door with help of latch or only open safety door
16) When you are away from home for tour or holiday, inform a reliable neighbor or relative to check your home from time time. Keep in touch with them.
17) Do not reveal about your holiday trip in advance to too many people.
18) Employ a servant after verifying his real name, native address with the help of the nearest Police Station
19) Never discuss financial matters in front of your servant
20) Treat your servant in a humane way
21) Do not allow any of the relatives or friends of your servant to visit your house. If at all he has any frequent visitor, get his antecedents checked from police and try to keep the number of such persons.
22) When you admit a workman or a salesman or courier in your house do not leave him alone at any time
Tips for Safe Banking / Investment
1) Take adequate precautions before investing your money with any private agencies.
2) Inform the police immediately about any suspicious financial speculation and other agencies.
3) Do not be misguided by alluring advertisements unless you thoroughly cross check and verify the real benefits being offered to you.
4) Insist on getting all receipts for every payment made by you.
5) Monthly statements of your bank accounts should be invariably checked regularly.
6) Take adequate care for safe keeping of your cheque book and other important bank documents.
7) As far as possible bank transactions should be handled personally.
8) Do not disclose your bank account number/user name/pass ward to anyone.
9) Do not keep your bank account inoperative for a long time.
10) Never take an introduction from an unknown persons for the purpose of opening an account in your bank or introduce an unknown person
11) Keep track on cheques/drafts/pay orders made by you and sent through post/courier services.
Tips For Internet and Phone calls Safety :
1) Install Caller Id on your phone
2) Don’t give your bank details to any one on phone or by email
3) Don’t give your personal details like home address , phone numbers , family details to stranger on phone or email or personally
4) Don’t reply to any spam email
5) Don’t reply to any email , call ,sms for lottery , award , gift investment etc
6) Don’t give credit or debit card details to any one
7) Don't open e-mail attachments from people you don't know.
8) Don’t click on link from people you don’t know
9) Avoid downloading free software online unless you're certain it's from a reputable company. Many free programs are merely a device for delivering adware and spyware.
10) Install virus protection software and a firewall. Check for updates regularly.
11) Online auctions site postings that features non-existent or falsely represented merchandise , should be avoided
12) Nigerian money offers promising large sums of cash in exchange for assistance with bank account transfers , should be avoided
13) Never give reply to any email asking personal information such as bank account numbers, passwords, birthdates or addresses.
For HELP Call in Mumbai
Local Police Helpline 100
Mumbai Police Helpline 1090
Senior Citizens Helpline 1298
Dignity Foundation – 23898079/78 / 61381100
Shree Manav Seva Sangh – 24092266/ 24077327
Silver Innings – 9987104233
The Family Welfare Agency (FWA) - 23082085
Other Indian City:
Bangalore- STD Code – 080
Nightingales and the Bangalore city Police – 1090 / 22943226
Chennai- STD Code -044 Polce Senior Citizens Helpline – 1253
Delhi- STD Code -011 Police Senior Citizens Helpline -1291
Kolkatta – STD Code -033
Dignity Foundation’s help line for Senior citizens – 24741314
Police Senior citizens Helpline - 09830088884
Hyderabad –STD Code – 040
Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation – Aasara- Toll Free No – 1253
Ahmadabad Senior Citizens Police Helpline – 18002336600
Chandigarh Senior Citizens police Helpline 1090 / 9888988847
Indore Senior Citizns Police Helpline 0731 -251 0308/2522111
Gulbaraga helpline 1090
Mangalore Helpline 1090
Pune Senior Citizen Police Helpline 1091
Nagpur Police Senior Citizens Helpline 0712 – 2564333
Welcome to Silver Innings Blog, Good Day
Powered by IP2Location.com
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
The content of this Blog, including text, graphics, images, information are intended for General Informational purposes only. Silver Innings Blog is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date.The links provided on this Blog do not imply any official endorsement of, or responsibility for, the opinions, data, or products available at these locations. It is also the user’s responsibility to take precautionary steps to ensure that information accessed at or downloaded from this or linked sites is free of viruses, worms, or other potentially destructive software programs.All links from this Blog are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.We do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense resulting from the use of this information.Opinions expressed by contributors through discussion on the various issues are not necessarily those of Silver Innings Blog.