Sunday 30 August to Wednesday 2 September 2009 at the University of Auckland Business School, Grafton Road, Auckland City, Auckland New Zealand.
Hosted by Selwyn Centre for Aging and Spirituality (SCAS)
Journey to Auckland for a Voyage into Faith-based Aging and Care
Evidence-based models of medical care have paved the way for people to live much longer, healthier, physical lives. But has the quality of spiritual guidance and care offered to older people kept pace? Are older people’s spiritual needs being adequately met in healthcare and social systems around the world?
The 2009 International Conference on Aging and Spirituality will bring together researchers, aged care practitioners, and anyone with an interest in helping older people find deepest meaning and fulfillment in life.
The issues of aging and spirituality will be discussed against the backdrop of gender, culture and new models of care. This conference will consider the positive possibilities of aging well, and flourishing, despite difficulties.
- Advocacy, Policy formation and influencing political thinking
- ‘Baby Boomers’: spiritual models of care and lifestyle for the free thinking, wealthier, independent generation.
- Indigenous issues and cultural experiences: real life case studies on aging and spirituality in non-Western societies.
- Holistic ‘whole person’ care in an age where science is king
- End of life issues: touchstones and challenges
- Pastoral care and ministry in aging communities
- Funding and spiritual models of care: is the recognition there?
Call for Papers
The Organising Committee of the 2009 International Conference on Aging and Spirituality is pleased to invite submission of papers for presentation at the conference on any of the themes listed above. Initial expressions of interest should be as paper abstracts, a maximum of 400 words, and as MS-Word attachments to an email sent to email@example.com. Please include author and organisation information as well as an indication of the theme area the paper fits within.
Key dates (subject to minor changes)
June 08 - initial call for abstracts
December 08 - abstract submission close off
February 09 - paper reviews completed
June 09 - speakers and conference programme confirmed and published
30 August 09 to 2 September 09 - Conference
- Health professionals working with older people of diverse cultures and faiths in indigenous cultural environments
- Clergy, chaplains, theologians, spiritual or faith leaders
- Pastoral care givers
- Diversional therapists
- Aged care leaders, administrators and directors of listed and non-listed aged care organisations
- Researchers in aging, spirituality, and new models of aged care
- Aged care policy makers and funders
- Political leaders
- Media with interests in aged care, social or health policy or matters of faith
- Older people with interests in this area
Register here: http://www.selwyncare.org.nz/?t=139
Welcome to Silver Innings Blog, Good Day
Powered by IP2Location.com
The content of this Blog, including text, graphics, images, information are intended for General Informational purposes only. Silver Innings Blog is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date.The links provided on this Blog do not imply any official endorsement of, or responsibility for, the opinions, data, or products available at these locations. It is also the user’s responsibility to take precautionary steps to ensure that information accessed at or downloaded from this or linked sites is free of viruses, worms, or other potentially destructive software programs.All links from this Blog are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.We do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense resulting from the use of this information.Opinions expressed by contributors through discussion on the various issues are not necessarily those of Silver Innings Blog.