Today on 10th April 2010 Silver Innings has completed eventful Two years for the cause of Senior Citizens. In 2008 on this day ‘Silver Innings’ a movement was born. With the blessings of 200 Elders and then RTI activist Shailesh Gandhi, Ex Help Age India Regional Director (west) Director John Thattil, Silver Innings came into existence.
We thank Bhavesh Chheda website designer and now Trustee and Director Creativity & Communication AND all Trustees, Members, Networking Partners, Wells Wishers, Media and our Elders, without whom it would not have been possible to scale this height. We are still only 2 years old and have made our impact for the welfare of our Elderly, But still we have long way to go ……………………..
A New Beginning…
Silver Innings (SI) a social enterprise dedicated for the cause of elderly was founded on 10th April 2008 with launch of Silver Innings.Com www.silverinnings.com . Pioneer in promoting web based application for Elders, it’s a most Comprehensive and dedicated Website for Senior Citizens. Providing need base service, networking and advocacy for Senior Citizens forms important aspect of Silver Innings. It uses ICT and PR as important tool to reach out to Elderly and civil society for sensitization and addressing the issue of our Elderly.
Silver Innings is a new beginning for our elders. It is a new path, the journey of successful ageing. It is an initiative that was started by four individuals, Clinical Psychologist (Ms.) Hendi Lingiah, (France), Prof. of Nursing (Ms.) Parul Kibliwala (India, SNDT), Social Worker ( Mrs.) Swati Ingole (MSW, Mumbai, India) and Sailesh Mishra (Mumbai, India) who are far removed in distance but united in the cause of elders. Who’s afraid of ageing... is what this team believes in. The idea was germinated by Sailesh Mishra, the Founder and took root with the support and contribution of these individuals and Silver Innings took form as a one stop destination for information for the elderly and their family members. The social enterprise opened a platform for discussing issues regarding the elderly and soon a need for a social organization emerged. Taking on this gaping need, Silver Inning Foundation (SIF) was born to address the micro and macro level issues of the elderly to create an elder friendly world.
The idea to have hybrid version of Social Enterprise (SI) & Not for Profit (SIF) developed because we knew there is lack of funding from Individuals, CSR and Government for Elderly in India. Through Social Enterprise we would generate our own revenue and with Hybrid version our project would gain Programme and Economical sustainability. The Silver Innings mandate was made that 25% of the revenue generated (profit) would be given to Silver Inning Foundation for funding its project.SIF would also promote Donation Giving Schemes among civil society.
On Silver Innings website front we will be shortly introducing web based innovative tools and will also launch useful Services for our Senior Citizens. Hope this will empower them and they can live with dignity.
Vision, Mission and Goals:
The vision, mission and goals of SIF are centered on creating and implementing services and programmes that are holistic in nature and address the need to acknowledge the much needed supportive environment that the elderly deserve. It looks at reintegrating the elderly into mainstream society and live with dignity.
Our vision is of an elder friendly world in which ageing becomes a positive, rewarding experience.
To uphold and secure the rights of elderly and actively work towards improving their quality of life by networking, advocating and researching elderly issues and providing a wide range of services according to their needs.
1. To advocate and create awareness of elderly rights and issues at micro and macro level.
2. To address basic needs of the elderly (aged 50yrs +) and their family members.
3. To provide and create innovative programmes and services for the elderly that enable them to reintegrate back into society with dignity.
4. To promote research and development on issues related to elderly.
5. To develop and implement training of professionals and para-professionals in Gerontology, Geriatrics and Geriatric Care Management.
Our Impact in last 2 years: 2008 – 2009 & 2009 - 2010
Internet Reach Out
• Website : 41,600 hit on Home page ( in 24 months)
• Total Hits (including all pages) 126940; Unique Hits 94780
• Visitors from 64 countries
• Website Members : 800 (in 24 months)
Other Social Media:
• People for Social Cause Blog: 81,258 (3 yrs)
• Silver Innings blog : 19,513 hit (in 24 months)
• Meri News.com : 36 Article published : 59,000 hits (3 years)
• Facebook 1600 Followers (including personal)
• Twitter 771 Followers (Including Personal)
• Orkut : 400 Followers (including personal)
• You tube
Total Ground Reach Out:
• Indirect : approx 2,00,000 people globally (through ICT - internet) in 3 yrs
• Direct : On Ground approx 9,000 people in India in 24 months
Direct Impact approx 300 families
Programmes / activity in 2 years:
Total 200 programmes and event were organized / participated that includes following:
• Lectures, Workshop, Awareness
• Training & Education
• Counseling and cases
• Home Care Services
• Health Camps
• Intergenerational programmes
• Website and Publications
• Advocacy and Networking
• Computer Education
• UMANG – Talent Show
• Capacity Building
COUNSELING and CASES – Received Total 700 Calls (60%) and Emails (40%)
Issue wise calls & email received:
• Old Age Homes 25%
• Care Takers 25%
• Abuse 15%
• Dementia/Alzheimer’s 25%
• Misc 10%
• On 14th July 2008 Silver Inning Foundation got registered under Society Registration Act of 1860 vide registration number 1300/2008/GBBSD dated 14/07/2008
• On 12th Dec 2008 Silver Inning Foundation got registered under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 vide registration number F- 36344 Mumbai dated 8/12/2008
• Sailesh Mishra Founder received 2008 Karamveer National Award by ICONGO for his dedicated work for Elderly
• Sailesh Mishra got selected by UN INIA (UN Institute of Ageing) Malta for course on Social Gerontology in Feb ’09
• The project was selected for Unltd India 2008 and 2010 seed funding
• Silver Innings registered as Trade Mark
• Silver Inning Active Ageing Center started in 1st Dec 2009
• ARDSI, Greater Mumbai Support Group
• ARDSI Greater Mumbai Chapter
• Member – International Federation of Aging (IFA)
• Associate member – FESCOM ( Federation of Senior Citizens organization)
• Life Member – AISCCON (All India Senior Citizens’ Confederation)
• Life Member – Association of Gerontology (India) (AGI)
• Life Member - INDIAN GERONTOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (IGA)
• Member – INPEA (International Network for Prevention of Elder Abuse)
• Advisor: Society for Serving Seniors
Got Mention in some of major media all over globe:
• Our activity documentary was shown at Paris 2009 at 4th Global WEAAD 2009 by INPEA
• IFA (International Federation of Ageing) ,Newsletter
• Administration on Ageing (USA) AOA newsletter
• U3A (Unversity of 3rd Age) India , Newsletter
• UN INIA (Institute of Ageing) Malta Newsletter
• AARP International Website
• AISCCON Newsletter
• Harmony Magazine
• INPEA (International Network of People against Elder Abuse) Website
• 35 Print Media news (NewIndia Times -NYK , TOI, HT, Indian Express, The Week, DNA, Mid Day , Money Life etc )
• 10 Electronic media news (NDTV, IBN7, ZEE, DD)
International Research Project:
• "Asmita Sarang:MS, OTR/L Toms River, NJ : 2010” on "Psychological Health of Primary Caregivers of Home-Based Older Adults With Dementia in India,Psychological Health of Primary Caregivers of Home-Based Older Adults With Dementia in India, Taiwan and USA" Published in International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.
• Mike Frisch of Northwestern Law School, JD Candidate 2008: Comparative Study Indian Maintenance of Parents and Senior Citizens Bill (2007) and American laws.
We will appreciate projects & programme partnership and Funding from likeminded people and organization.
At Silver Innings we are working towards creating Elder Friendly World where Ageing becomes a Positive and Rewarding Experience.
Contact us :
email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.silverinnings.com
Join Silver Innings - Free: http://silverinnings.com/primary%20individual%20form.asp
Correspondence Address: C/o. The Hub, 4th Floor, Candelar Building, 26 St John Baptist Road, Near Mount Mary Steps, Bandra (W), Mumbai 400 050.India.
Welcome to Silver Innings Blog, Good Day
Powered by IP2Location.com
Saturday, April 10, 2010
‘Silver Innings’ 2nd Anniversary: A never ending journey for welfare of Senior Citizens……………
The content of this Blog, including text, graphics, images, information are intended for General Informational purposes only. Silver Innings Blog is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date.The links provided on this Blog do not imply any official endorsement of, or responsibility for, the opinions, data, or products available at these locations. It is also the user’s responsibility to take precautionary steps to ensure that information accessed at or downloaded from this or linked sites is free of viruses, worms, or other potentially destructive software programs.All links from this Blog are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.We do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense resulting from the use of this information.Opinions expressed by contributors through discussion on the various issues are not necessarily those of Silver Innings Blog.